Creating orthophotos and colored point clouds
1. Create TerraPhoto camera calibration files for each camera using the commands in the TerraPhoto camera dialog.
2. Define a mission with New mission command.
3. Import trajectories using Manage Camera Trajectories tool.
4. Create an image list with Compute list command.
3. Define an exterior orientation file format in Exterior orientation formats of TerraPhoto Settings.
4. Create an image list by importing exterior orientation files with Load list command.
If you use data from a Lynx system, the camera calibration files, the mission file, and the image list can be created automatically by importing the Lynx survey file. See Import Lynx Survey command.
5. Create thumbnail versions of raw images with Create thumbnails command.
6. Use Define color corrections command to check the overall coloring of the raw images and apply color adjustments if necessary.
7. Enter enough tie points with Define tie points command to validate and fine tune camera parameter values. This part of the workflow is described in detail in Section Adjust camera parameters for mobile ground-based projects.
8. Reduce the image list to images from a camera that sees the ground with the Delete / By camera command.
9. Adjust Position and Rectify center parameters in the TerraPhoto camera dialog in order to reduce edge effects along image seamlines.
10. Create color points using commands from the Color points menu to balance color differences between neighboring raw images.
11. Create selection shapes using commands from the Color points menu in order to remove artifacts from moving objects.
12. Create tile rectangles with Place tile array command.
13. Run orthorectification with Rectify mosaic command using the reduced image list, color points, and seamline shapes.
14. Reload the complete image list. Reduce the image list to images from side-looking cameras.
15. Use TerraScan commands in order to assign colors from raw images to laser point classes above the ground.
16. Attach the orthophotos of the ground with commands from the Manage Raster References window.
17. Use TerraScan commands in order to assign colors from the orthophotos to laser points on the ground.